UAE & Japan Communication Centre

Welcome Our Dear Visitor !!!

We Hope That You Join Us In UAE & Japan Society !!!

Please Register Down Here !!!

"ようこそ。

UAE & Japanソサエティにぜひ参加してください。

こちらから登録してね。"

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome Our Dear Visitor !!!

We Hope That You Join Us In UAE & Japan Society !!!

Please Register Down Here !!!

"ようこそ。

UAE & Japanソサエティにぜひ参加してください。

こちらから登録してね。"

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the Arabs & Japanese are United

Happy 41th National Day
Welcome to UAE & Japan Communication Centre
UAEと日本通信センターへようこそ
Use Google Chrome for better view of the forums
To change Account Settings press on "Profile" Button !!!
To share your post press "Share" on the right corner of your post

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Watch Japanese channels on your PC
~Basics~ Lesson 1 ~ Hiragana - ひらがな ~ EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 3:58 am by White_Espada

»  【We want to collect many massages and photos from Muslim youth!!!】
~Basics~ Lesson 1 ~ Hiragana - ひらがな ~ EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 1:21 am by Egusa

» Animeyhem 2012
~Basics~ Lesson 1 ~ Hiragana - ひらがな ~ EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 5:42 pm by Otaku Ruki

» Kunnichiwa~ Watashi wa Nina desu <3
~Basics~ Lesson 1 ~ Hiragana - ひらがな ~ EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 4:23 pm by Nina-chan

» Pics of HH Sheikh Zayed <3
~Basics~ Lesson 1 ~ Hiragana - ひらがな ~ EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 1:29 am by Otaku Ruki

» Kanji Class *event*
~Basics~ Lesson 1 ~ Hiragana - ひらがな ~ EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 12:46 am by Otaku Ruki

» To all people who interested in Japanese
~Basics~ Lesson 1 ~ Hiragana - ひらがな ~ EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 12:45 am by Otaku Ruki

» No to terrorism
~Basics~ Lesson 1 ~ Hiragana - ひらがな ~ EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:23 pm by Otaku Ruki

» Three Tough Questions ! ! ! ! !
~Basics~ Lesson 1 ~ Hiragana - ひらがな ~ EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:23 pm by Otaku Ruki

2 posters

~Basics~ Lesson 1 ~ Hiragana - ひらがな ~

Otaku Ruki
    Otaku Ruki
    Founder

~Basics~ Lesson 1 ~ Hiragana - ひらがな ~ Ae10
    My SMS : I will always ♥️ Japanese People !!!

~Basics~ Lesson 1 ~ Hiragana - ひらがな ~ Empty ~Basics~ Lesson 1 ~ Hiragana - ひらがな ~

Post by Otaku Ruki Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:32 pm

Hiragana - ひらがな

The first step to learning the Japanese language is to learn the Japanese alphabet. Or, at least, to learn the sounds that exist in the Japanese language. There are absolutely no "tones" in Japanese like in many other asian languages and there are only 2 exceptions within the Japanese alphabet which will be explained later. The Japanese alphabet does not contain letters but, instead, contains characters and, technically, they are not alphabets but character sets. The characters in the chart below are called Hiragana. Hiragana is the main alphabet or character set for Japanese. In addition to Hiragana, the Japanese language also consists of two other character sets - Kanji (Chinese characters), which we will get into later, and another alphabet/character set, Katakana, which is mainly used for foreign words. Katakana will be covered in Lesson 2.

There are 5 vowels in the Japanese language. (a), pronounced "ahh", (i), pronounced like "e" in "eat", (u), pronounced like "oo" in "soon", (e), pronounced like "e" in "elk", and (o), pronounced "oh". All Hiragana characters end with one of these vowels, with the exception of (n). The only "consonant" that does not resemble that of English is the Japanese "r". It is slightly "rolled" as if it were a combination of a "d", "r", and "l".

a

i

u

e

o

ka

ki

ku

ke

ko

ga

gi

gu

ge

go

sa

shi

su

se

so

za

ji

zu

ze

zo

ta

chi

tsu

te

to

da

ji

zu

de

do

na

ni

nu

ne

no

ha

hi

fu

he

ho

ba

bi

bu

be

bo

pa

pi

pu

pe

po

ma

mi

mu

me

mo

ya

yu

yo

ra

ri

ru

re

ro

wa

wo

n

Combinations

きゃ
    kya
    きゅ
    kyu
    きょ
    kyo
    ぎゃ
    gya
    ぎゅ
    gyu
    ぎょ
    gyo
    しゃ
    sha
    しゅ
    shu
    しょ
    sho
    じゃ
    ja
    じゅ
    ju
    じょ
    jo
    ちゃ
    cha
    ちゅ
    chu
    ちょ
    cho
    にゃ
    nya
    にゅ
    nyu
    にょ
    nyo
    ひゃ
    hya
    ひゅ
    hyu
    ひょ
    hyo
    びゃ
    bya
    びゅ
    byu
    びょ
    byo
    ぴゃ
    pya
    ぴゅ
    pyu
    ぴょ
    pyo
    みゃ
    mya
    みゅ
    myu
    みょ
    myo
    りゃ
    rya
    りゅ
    ryu
    りょ
    ryo

Click Here for a printable Hiragana chart (PDF - get Adobe Acrobat Reader)

Exceptions:

1. The Hiragana は (ha) is pronounced "wa" when it immediately follows the topic of the sentence. This Hiragana character is usually only pronounced "ha" when it is part of a word.

2. The Hiragana へ (he) is pronounced "e" when it immediately follows a place or direction. Both of these are very simple to detect.

In the classic Japanese language the "h" sound was pronounced like "w", "h", and "f" all put together. The sound for the "ha", "hi", "fu", "he", "ho" evolved one way and the particles, which sounded closer to "wa" and "we", went a different route. They finally ended up taking sounds slightly different then the hiragana was normally pronounced which were also sounds already found in the Japanese language so these two exceptions are often very confusing to outsiders.

Note: You probably noticed in the chart above that there are 2 Hiragana characters pronounced "zu" and 2 Hiragana characters pronounced "ji". The Hiragana characters づ (zu) and ぢ (ji) are very rarely used. づ (zu) only occurs when there is a つ (tsu) in front of it like in つづく (tsuzuku - to continue) or when a Kanji (Chinese character) that has a reading which starts with つ (tsu) is paired at the end with another character changing the つ (tsu) to a づ (zu). The same applies for the Hiragana ぢ (ji). Since they are used so rarely I wouldn't worry about them too much. I will let you know whenever we come upon a word in which they are used.

Qamar :)

~Basics~ Lesson 1 ~ Hiragana - ひらがな ~ Empty Re: ~Basics~ Lesson 1 ~ Hiragana - ひらがな ~

Post by Qamar :) Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:25 pm

Awww>< You're soooo amazing!!!
    Otaku Ruki
    Otaku Ruki
    Founder

~Basics~ Lesson 1 ~ Hiragana - ひらがな ~ Ae10
    My SMS : I will always ♥️ Japanese People !!!

~Basics~ Lesson 1 ~ Hiragana - ひらがな ~ Empty Re: ~Basics~ Lesson 1 ~ Hiragana - ひらがな ~

Post by Otaku Ruki Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:47 pm

Qamar :) wrote:Awww>< You're soooo amazing!!!

arigatooooou ^^ i copied some of it from internet =)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:44 pm